Blind Guardian

BennKo

Re: Blind Guardian

Post by BennKo »

khaaa qa heka me gjet kit faqe :x

e tash ni lajm i mir per krejt fansat e BG...

Me 25 Qershor 2010, do t'del albumi ma i ri, i nanti me radh i mjeshterve t'metallit BLIND GUARDIAN qe do t'titullohet "A Voice in the Dark".

Disa prej kangve:
Wheel of Time
A Voice in the Dark
War of Thrones
Curse My Name
Road of No Release (Pale Reign of Misery)
Sacred
Cry for Tanelorn (Into the Void)
Song 8--title to be announced
Valcyries
Control the Divine

qe ni demo e shkurt prej albumit:

qiky sen ish jasht normales diqka, mezi po pres me dal

ktu Frederiku tu inqizu pjesen e vet:

IN GUARDIAN WE TRUST!!!
BennKo

Post by BennKo »

Coveri i albumit ma t'ri te Guradianav ka me kon:

Evermore

Post by Evermore »

Mush me bole e paskan qit kover (Y)
BennKo

Post by BennKo »

ma posht po e postoj intervisten e fundit qe Andre Olbrich e ka dhon per naj media

ps. Andre osht nder fansat ma t'kallt t'Bayernit

Enjoy it!

Altsounds: We’re here with Andre Olbrich from Blind Guardian! Welcome back, you’ve been away for four years now…
Andre: Yes, but we toured in between and we played London two years ago I think.

Altsounds: So you’ve been keeping yourselves busy…
Andre: Yes!

Altsounds: Your albums seem to actually come out every four years; is that just a coincidence, or is it the time you need to deliver the goods?
Andre: That’s the time we need because we can’t do the song writing during touring, and touring is very intense, we have to play everywhere, and a tour lasts like 18 months, we played 120 shows last time, a lot of travelling, so there was no song writing in between. We started immediately after the tour because we had an offer for a videogame called ‘Sacred’, and they asked us to provide a song, which we wrote and which was a very early start, because normally we take a break of one or two months. But in that case we started immediately and it was great fun. The song had a certain power which was maybe connected to the fact of having just been on tour, the spirit, and we recorded two songs then and for the first time we worked a little bit different. We wrote three songs, went in our studio, recorded them… We took it really easy, and that made things much easier than if we had to record like ten songs in a row, we would have been stuck in the studio for like six / seven months, but this was more like recording, creative break, recording, creative break, recording, and it worked out really nice. We need about 18 months for the song writing, producing and recording maybe about six months, so all together we need about two years to accomplish an album…

Altsounds: And two years of touring after…
Andre: Of course!

Altsounds: So you should be touring soon.
Andre: Yes, we start in September already, now we are preparing everything, stage design, light design, we have to rehearse a little bit because we want to play some new songs, and some really old songs which we never play or we didn’t play for ten years. We’ll go to Europe first, for about six weeks, and then go to North America, play Canada and the States over Christmas, and after this we’ll have a short break, but then we have to go to Asia, Japan, Australia, then we’ll take maybe another creative break, because we are working on a new project already, and start venturing again into Festival season, so we will play all the big Festivals in Europe next year and continue touring, South America and other countries.

Altsounds: You’ve been the third heavy metal band to play in Thailand and I heard it was an amazing experience; any other Asian country off the beaten track you’re visiting this time?
Andre: I would like to go to Korea but I’m not sure how the market is. There was a certain time when metal was very popular, and there was a question of “do we go there or not”, I’m not sure how the situation is now, we have to see. We’re definitely doing Japan, but Thailand I think was a one off, because they don’t really have a company bringing heavy metal, mainly they play their own music and it’s hard for an international band to go there, it was luck then.

Altsounds: Have you played in Australia before?
Andre: Yes. It’s awesome, we have a bunch of fans there, we played a packed venue, but the problem there is that it’s so far away, and then you can end up playing two shows, like Sydney and Melbourne, and it’s really expensive to take your crew there, so if there’s a chance to go from Japan we’ll do it, if not we’ll cancel it, but hopefully it will be possible again.

Altsounds: So, let’s talk about this new album, “At The Edge Of Time”: when is it coming out?
Andre: It’s going to be out on 30th July.

Altsounds: What is it going to sound like compared to the last one (“A Twist in the Myth”)?
Andre: I think we made a big step, it’s maybe the most complete album we ever did, it’s got elements of the last two albums, which were a bit more progressive, modern elements and that, and classic traditional Black Guardian elements, like speed metal again, and yet we combine this with an epic style. We have some awesome ballad stuff, some slow songs, some mid tempo songs, and very fast speed metal songs, and it almost sounds like a concept album, even if it’s not a concept album.

Altsounds: Is this the reason why you felt you could put back into the live set list some of your older material?
Andre: Yes. We are in the mood for speed metal again, we like fast songs, it’s been amazing writing them and that’s the spirit right now, and we rehearsed again some of the old stuff and it’s so much fun!

Altsounds: Have you tried any of the new songs live yet?
Andre: We have only played ‘Sacred’ in a Festival last year and that was really good; it will be the opening on the next tour and we rehearsed three more songs, the two fast songs ‘A Voice In The Dark’ and ‘Tanelorn’, they came out really great because speed metal is what we can play, you don’t need an orchestra, you don’t need synthesizers, and it always comes out great live.

Altsounds: Are you still bringing all the props and synths with you on tour though?
Andre: Yes of course. We’ll have again two guest musicians, keyboarder Michael Schuren and bass player Oliver Holzwarth, we didn’t change anything there.

Altsounds: Are you still going to use multiple vocals overdubs?
Andre: Yes, we do, but it’s a little bit different, because now we really have to focus on the melody line and that’s just one voice, of Hansi, but it’s more like the traditional Blind Guardian, more like on the “Nightfall” (In Middle Earth, 1998) or “Imaginations” (From The Other Side, 1995) albums.

Altsounds: You did your own Open Air Festival a few years back; if you were doing that now, what would be the first three acts that come to mind that you would like on the bill?
Andre: Wooaahh!! There are lot of bands… Maybe my favourite band to be there would be Nevermore, because I think it’s a really innovative band, they always create really interesting new music and I love the guys, they’re good friends; then I still have a big friendship, like Hansi does, with Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth, we toured together in the Eighties and it was a blast, would be great doing it again, and of course I’m a lot into bands like Queensryche, or Savatage, would be just a honour to have them there.

Altsounds: Is there any chance you may actually set up another Festival?
Andre: Yeah, there’s a good chance, because we are working on an orchestra album, it’s into production, we have recorded some of it, with just orchestra and Hansi’s vocals, without the metal band; we’re really making good progress, it’s going better than we expected, and maybe, depending on how touring goes with Blind Guardian, it could be released in two years and since we cannot play this in a tour, we thought about doing a Festival shortly after releasing the album and then bringing this album on stage with a big orchestra, maybe like 80 people, and Hansi’s voice. One night, all those songs and maybe the next night we play Blind Guardian as a band, and maybe for the epic songs we can even bring in the real orchestra. Something like this!

Altsounds: You’ve been around for a very long time now, how do you find the industry has changed throughout the years?
Andre: The music industry has big problems of course, we realise that, but in our case we have a very loyal fan base; the problems have already been there for ten years or more, since the internet came up and lots of people started copying music and downloading, but in our case I really have to say that we are still a band that is growing, with each album.

Altsounds: Do you think it may have something to do with the fact that you are so strong as a live band?
Andre: I think it’s the quality, our fans know that we don’t rush things just to put something out, just to make money in a commercial way, they know we always try to get the best quality albums and to do the best we can on stage. That’s the strength of the relationship between our fans and us, and we never abuse this by putting out live albums all the time, we never did this rip off, we put out an album every four years and people expect something good and they get it.

Altsounds: So, is it safe to say it’s not just the internet fault, but also the quality of the records that has been going down?
Andre: Yes, I think the fault is in some bands, but mainly the labels. They have to step in between the fans and the band, and they should handle the situation but they didn’t, they slept 20 years, I think that was the biggest mistake. But now, unfortunately bands do not earn that much money, so the productions are going down, we have albums out now that have a worst sound compared to albums out ten years ago, and we try to work against this; even if times are harder, we tried to bring in the best sound in the new album and I think we achieved the best sound we ever had on our new album.

Altsounds: What can you say to make me go and pre-order the album right now?
Andre: For all the people who didn’t know Blind Guardian so far, the new album is the best album to know what Blind Guardian is all about because it contains all the elements we have ever played around with, and it has lots of creativity inside; lots of new ideas, and lovely songs that comes from our heart, it’s the music we love to play and I think it’s a really balanced album.

Altsounds: Anything else you would like to add?
Andre: I can’t wait to play here again, was a blast last time, didn’t expect that…

Altsounds: It’s not common for a German metal band being that successful in the UK!
Andre: Yes, we know, it’s always been really hard for German bands, but in some small way we made it and we have some really great fans here. When we played everybody was singing our songs, it’s like being home! Awesome. I hope the next time will be a blast again.
slayeri

Post by slayeri »

kret mythology jon by the way shum jon kta :wink:
BennKo

Post by BennKo »

Videoclipi ma i ri i Guardianav qe ka dal para dy ditve A VOICE IN THE DARK...kanga o perfekt po clipi spo ma mush synin diqka
Rudess

Post by Rudess »

Hmm, shume band i mire. Power metall, me elemente t'folk-ut etj.

Kane shume kang' t'mira, tu'u nis prej: The Bard's Song (The Hobbit, In The Forest), Valhalla, Lord Of The Rings etj.